Re: [Liberty-eiffel] adler rc2

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] adler rc2
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:58:48 +0100

On Di, 2013-11-12 at 21:11 +0100, Cyril ADRIAN wrote:

> 2013/11/12 Raphael Mack <address@hidden>
>         Thanks for your work Cyril. I also tried to install the debs,
>         but as I
>         run on a 32-bit architecture I cannot. Is there some deep
>         reason behind
>         providing only a ADM64 variant?
>

> Only that the debs are produced on a 64-bit machine :-)
>

> I have now access to the gcc farm, but there is still a lot of work
> before being able to produce packages on their machines.

mh, "Q:_How_do_I_build_i386_debs_on_AMD64.3F" on
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAMD64Faq reads so smooth as long as I do
not understand what I read ;-)

Do you think it is worth trying to setup some kind of 32-bit chroot? Or
better another VM with a 32-bit system installed? (I guess I would have
finished the second faster as I never used the deb-package tools) Or are
the snapshots not that important such that even the handmade 32-bit
packages are the simplest (=best) solution?

Cheers,
Rapha