Re: [Liberty-eiffel] PellesC for Adler

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] PellesC for Adler
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:24:10 +0100

Hans,

2013/11/11 H. Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH <address@hidden>
I monitor SE TEST results on a regular basis and I really did not expect anything like a RC anytime soon. I suppose I expected any Eiffel community to have the 'pretense' that 'the rigor of Eiffel' would be followed in a release plan, i.e. that a release will only happen if a minimum standard was met.  Since I saw a lot of errors existing in the core language tests (like in the memory manager) and in some core libs as well (math and others) I was surprised by the RC announcement.

The errors are not as numerous as they look. Note that each tested class is tested in every possible mode. The actual number of errors is ET's divided by 20 (roughly).

About failing tests:

With the current man power, if we want every test to pass, adler will be released in 10 years. I'll lose every remaining shred of motivation way before that.

I am the only one to commit bug fixes to the core libs and tools and my patience is running out.

Regards,

Cyril ADRIAN (from office)
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.