Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: Examples of GPL success, or lax license failur

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: Examples of GPL success, or lax license failure
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:43:24 +0200

Mh, I don't think that it was the GPLed SmartEiffel which forced ISE to
release their compiler under a dual license. - If I remember correctly,
they also have the libraries under GPL which essentially means, that you
can only develop GPLed SW with the free version. - This itself could be
interpreted as success, if you want. Anyhow, I think that ISE relesed
The IDE and the compiler under a dual license was mainly due to the use
of EiffelStudio in basic courses at the university Meyer teaches.

best regards,
Rapha