Re: [Libcdio-devel] About old branches of mine

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] About old branches of mine
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 15:34:06 -0400

I just pulled master and see:

    test/data/multi_extent_8k.iso        | Bin 524288 -> 122880 bytes

I think both versions should be there. We should be testing not just how
things are created currently, but also how they may have been created in
the past.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 4:22 AM Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please ignore my previous mail with the same subject.
> I pasted the wrong mail body by mistake. Meant was this:
>
> I see some now obsolete branches of mine. Merged according to
>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/log/
> are:
>   pete_batard_ce_v3            4 days
>   pete_batard_gcc_warnings     8 days
>   joliet_multi_extent          8 days
>   trackno-higher-one           2019-01-22
>   api-doc                      2018-06-24
> I would remove them now, if it's ok.

Removing them is fine.

> Quite surely obsolete and not necessary any more are
>   pragmatic-multiextent    5 years
>   ts-multiextent           5 years
> because of commits to master by Pete in 2020 like
>   d758fa2253cca062e92ad0754a64c15a854db4ff
>   Add support for ISO9660 multi extent files  2020-05-24
>

> With other branches of mine i find no green tag in libcdio.git/log, but
> they are really old
>   TS-RockRidge-Fix         6 years
>   ts-cdtext-fix            5 years
> There is one nominally by Rocky but it begins by my initials "ts-"
>   ts-private-problem       5 years
> How would experienced git users find out whether they were taken into
> account ?
> (I could do source research, but wonder whether git offers ways to
> track the further fate of their commits.)

For this kind of open-ended general git  kind of thing I think, I think
better off doing "source research".

Over the weekend I'll look at branches that are mine and will remove them.