Re: [Libcdio-devel] removal of include/cdio/cdio_config.h

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] removal of include/cdio/cdio_config.h
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 13:40:22 +0000

On 2012.02.05 04:10, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
I think what really needed is a transformation of config.h which
prepends, say CDIO_ to a number of the defines like the PACKAGE* defines
and other defines like _FILE_OFFSET_BITS, _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and
WORDS_BIGENDIAN. With this, such a modified header can be included safely
in other programs that want to test or or present the features of the
libcdio that gets used.

It turns out this is basically changing one line: a  "cat" to "sed" in
include/cdio/Makefile.am. A patch is attached to the pbatard trunk.
(I haven't applied it.)

I tried to do this in the main branch, but because cdio_config.h is needed
by cdio.h it fails miserably.

Thanks. I'm still trying to find the time to push a couple additional patches in -pbatard before I go with the cleaned-up integration submission. I'm hoping to make that happen in the coming week.

Regards,

/Pete