Re: [Libcdio-devel] removal of include/cdio/cdio_config.h

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] removal of include/cdio/cdio_config.h
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:47:43 +0000

On 2012.01.30 02:22, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
Removing the requirement cdio_config.h is probably okay. However removing
it ultimately from the distribution is a little bit different.

The file serves to document how libcdio was compiled. So as such I think it
should remain. Also I'm a little concerned about compatibility and so
again, if a program had been using this, although we may decide to
deprecate it, that is different from removing it.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that, and I agree that keeping a copy of the config is something we want.

I'll add a commit that restores the copying of config.h to include/cdio/cdio_config.h

I don't think cdio_unconfig.h needs to be restored though - do you see it differently?

I think Thomas Schmitt's and/or xorriso may use cdio_config.h, so I'd be
interested to get feedback from him after the dust settles in the pbatard
branch.

I'd like to have some feedback to.

Right now, I'm at a point where I can use the files from libcdio-pbatard into my app and compile them almost as is, in all of MinGW and MSVC, so what remains is a little bit of cleanup, and cross feeding patches for smaller issues that may appear in one environment and not the other.

Replacing stdbool and inline seems fine. However we should let folks test
this to see how it goes.

Agreed. I'm more concerned about the (currently) mandatory sys/types.h requirement, as well as the removal of unistd.h at the moment.

Regards,

/Pete