Re: [Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:03:19 -0500

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Leon Merten Lohse <address@hidden>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Congratulations on the release. I have a few comments and
> questions, though.
>
> 1: the latest libcdio from git does not compile on this machine,
> running GNU/Linux, unless I touch doc/version.texi, src/cd-drive.1,
> src/cd-info.1, src/cd-read.1, src/iso-info.1 and src/iso-read.1.
> I guess that is a known problem?

It is a known feature if you don't have the entire list of software
installed in README.develop. Perhaps one day someone will adjust things so
you get some kind of warning and do essentially what you and Thomas did by
hand.

> 2: While looking through my cd-text patches I remembered, that you,
> Rocky, once asked me to include a test case. Back then I did not know how
> provide cd-text data without a physical disc. Now I do but I regard it
> as unpractical to code a test case from scratch...

Not sure what you mean but "unpractical".

> is there some kind of
> a guideline or a code skeleton to use?

There are lots of code that could be used in the "test" directory. Some
tests work by
running code like cd-info or paranoia and then compare the output they
produce with expected
output. See for example test/check_paranoia.sh.in

> 3: I would like to address this bug again, since it was not fixed for
> the release. http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33636
> Honestly, I would like to help here, but my knowledge of other operating
> systems is very limited. All that is needed is a function to get the
> dirname of one path and append another path in a portable way.

Ok. I'll add something for before the next release.