Re: [Libcdio-devel] Thoughts about converting libcdio to svn or git?

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Thoughts about converting libcdio to svn or git?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:09:17 -0500

I received instructions from Savannah folks on how to convert the CVS
repository to git. I'll probably do this over the weekend sometime.

My thoughts on CVS, svn, and git. There really hasn't been any objection to
moving out of CVS, although some made mumblings about status quo. Git feels
faster than svn and works when one is disconnected from the Internet or
there is an outage on Savannah. I think there's been more activity in git
development recently than there has been on subversion.

In a project like libcdio where development is spotty, we want to encourage
others to use libcdio, develop it, contribute to it, or even fork it.  So
although as Peter says it is possible to use git on a subversion repository,
why make it harder to do so?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Peter Creath
<address@hidden<address@hidden>