Re: [Libcdio-devel] Iconv usage and string handling

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Iconv usage and string handling
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:27:38 -0400

Answering my own question, it looks like UTF-8 is strings.h-safe, and
it looks like the default type is a plain old char*.  (See wcsrtombs).

That makes me feel better, since it looks like bugs resulting from
sloppy coding will simply be incorrect display; not crashing,
string-mangling, or other hard-to-find glitches.

Is that others' experience with UTF-8 as well?