Re: [Libcdio-devel] OSX SCSI MMC commands via PLScsi?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] OSX SCSI MMC commands via PLScsi?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:48:02 -0400

Peter Creath writes:
 > After my paranoia work (yes, I'm still alive), I plan to dig into the
 > Mac underbelly of libcdio.

This would be great. What's needed is someone who ones a Mac with OSX
and uses it.  (At present that's not me.)

Just to record my current belief on the matter. It may be that on OSX
fact you can't issue a general SCSI command, but one *can* issue just
about any MMC command that would be needed by those CD/DVD authoring
tools.

For the most part, libcdio has routines that can be called for many of
those MM commands like eject, close tray, read sector, read subchannel
set audio volume, and so on. To the extent it doesn't though, libcdio
should be fixed.