Re: [Libcdio-devel] Removing the libpopt dependency in libcdio, darwin8

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Removing the libpopt dependency in libcdio, darwin8
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:36:11 -0400

Steven M. Schultz writes:
 >      I thought you knew that already :)
 >
 > Darwin larry 8.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.2.0: Fri Jun 24 17:46:54 PDT
 > 2005; root:xnu-792.2.4.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

I guess I should have since this is one of the computers I used for testing
Darwin.

 >      I'm a bit confused since libcdio's been building on Tiger (Darwin8
 >      aka OSX 10.4.x) for quite some time.

A recent change was to add the configure testing for darwin8 same as
darwin6 and darwin7 (see the change to configure.ac). So my confusion
is how this worked before without the test.

 >      If libpopt isn't needed I suppose it can be removed

The patch uses GNU getopt_long instead.

 > - but since libpopt
 >      is needed for other things it's not a hardship to have it installed.

I think one of the things that people tend to stumble on is that that
libpopt is by default not installed.