koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] trouble installing on windows

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] trouble installing on windows
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:25:12 -0400

Hi Kim,
Any chance you are installing on an older machine or one with limited memory? When the MARC charset module installs, it unpacks a 400 MB file called Table.pag that I think contains a bunch of character lookup tables. The CPU has to work pretty hard and it takes a big chunk of memory to unpack that file. I suspect you may have a resource issue.

Make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive to handle another ~500 MB, try closing all other programs to free up memory, and then try installing that module again.

If you choose custom install when you run the install package, you can uncheck everything except the perl modules, and just let it install the perl modules again.

Did the rest of the install complete without errors? Or did it abort or did you cancel when the perl module failed? The apache error seems to indicate that the main koha files may not be there either. If that is the case, you may want to run the complete install again, instead of just the perl modules.

Rob

Kim LaMarre wrote:
Greetings all,

I have been having some trouple getting Koha 2.2.9 installed and running on my XP machine.  I have Perl 5.8.8.822, Apache 2.0.63, and MySQL 4.1.22 installed.  When it was installing the perl modules it came up with an error.  "The perl command line interpreter has encountered a problem and needs to close" It comes up with this error at "Unpacking MARC charset-0.92".  it does seem to continue with the install (just not that line).  When I go to start up the koha intranet I get this error:
I have also included the error logs from apache.  What do I need to do to get this going?  I am pretty new at all of this.

Thanks,

Kim LaMarre

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
couldn't create child process: 720002: mainpage.pl

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

intranet
03/28/08 10:17:25
Apache/2.0.63 (Win32)

[Fri Mar 28 09:40:02 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't create child process: 720002: mainpage.pl
[Fri Mar 28 09:40:02 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't spawn child process: C:/usr/koha229/intranet/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
[Fri Mar 28 10:17:25 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't create child process: 720002: mainpage.pl
[Fri Mar 28 10:17:25 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't spawn child process: C:/usr/koha229/intranet/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl