koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Koha with Windows XP?

From: Mary Kraeszig
Subject: [Koha-win32] Koha with Windows XP?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 02:11:51 -0400

Hello,

I am the new director of a small genealogy library, and we are investigating low-cost options for cataloging our collection.  I tried the demo version of Koha, and thought it appeared reasonably intuitive.  However, I am at a loss when it comes to the installation process.

1.  Do you have to run Koha on a Linux server?

2.  If not, what add-ons (like Apache, Perl, MySQL, etc.) do you need, and how to you integrate them to work with Koha?  I see files and folders, but no instructions on where they  need to be unzipped/extracted.

I looked at some of the documentation online, and it was like reading Greek.  I'm a librarian, not a IT person.  However, most of the time, I just need someone to back up a step or two or be more explicit, and then I'm fine.

Mary Kraeszig