koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Re: help with koha on win 2k3

From: vprakash murdan
Subject: [Koha-win32] Re: help with koha on win 2k3
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

Khaled, do call me Prakash. Next pls copy your correspondences to the address in my CC field, so other can take advantage.

Now am not sure how KOha works with IIS, cos I am using Apache. But for the problem you have :, edit the koha.conf in directory c:\etc

In the user field put the username who has access to your database. leave the pass blank

The file should look like:

database=kohasamp2

hostname=localhost

user=koha

pass=

intranetdir=c:\usr\koha200\intranet

opacdir=c:\usr\koha200\opac

kohaversion=2.0.0

opachtdocs=c:\usr\koha200\opac\htdocs\opac-tmpl

intrahtdocs=c:\usr\koha200\intranet\htdocs\intranet-tmpl

includes=c:\usr\koha200\intranet\htdocs\intranet-tmpl\default\en\includes

Note: the password for your user to access the database(in mysql) should be blank.

It seems that mysql can't be accessed through perl if the user has a password. Well I have tried a lot with the password, but resigned finally.

Try this n then we'll see if you have any more problem

Prakash

khaled nejem <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear sir

first of all thank you very much for your help, GOD
knows that I'm desperate for anything now.

as for my situation, it is as follows. I followed the
instructions in the attached file and here is what I
have.

I'm using windows 2003 WEB Server Edition, without
installing service pack 1.

My server is not "open" i.e it has no ip or domain
name yet, I don't know if this is important or not.

I installed IIS 6.0 from the Windows CD. all went well
and I tested creating a web site with a simple html
index page and it worked fine.

next I installed MySql server database (Version 4.1)
and created the koha database using the koha.mysql
file. the database worked fine.

next I installed activestate perl (version 5.8) in the
directory c:/perl and then installed the required
modules like dbi, ... etc

I tested perl on IIS just like the attached file
suggested and it gave the proper response.

next I installed the koha software just like the
author said, I extracted the folder and copied the
required contents to the designated pathes. then I
created the c:/etc folder and edited the koha.conf
file inside it just as written in the attached file.

Now according to the file everything should work just
fine, but what I get when I type http://opac in the
browsers address bar is the "welcome to koha" page
then I get this error page

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not
returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Now I have no knowledge in perl or cgi, and I have
absolutely no idea what this error means.

what did I do wrong?, and how can I undo it?

can you help??

thank you very much

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Installing Koha 2.2.1 on Windows Server 2003

Phill Hardstaff

This document is related to Koha and is licensed to you under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html ).

Koha-related documents may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in part, in any medium physical or electronic, as long as this copyright notice is retained on all copies.

You may create a derivative work and distribute it provided that you:

  1. License the derivative work with this same license, or the Linux Documentation Project License (http://www.tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html). Include a copyright notice and at least a pointer to the license used.

  2. Give due credit to previous authors and major contributors.

Commercial redistribution is allowed and encouraged; however, the author would like to be notified of any such distributions.

No liability for the contents of this document can be accepted. Use the concepts, examples and information at your own risk. There may be errors and inaccuracies, that could be dam aging to your system. Proceed with caution, and although this is highly unlikely, the author(s) do not take any responsibility.

All copyrights are held by their by their respective owners, unless specifically noted otherwise. Use of a term in this document should not be regarded as affecting the validity of any trademark or service mark. Naming of particular products or brands should not be seen as endorsements.

2005-03-22

Revision History
Revision 2.2.0 2005-03-22 ph

Initial version

1. Preliminary Notes

I have Koha 2.2.1 running on Windows Server 2003 using IIS under the following conditions.

  1. No APACHE, running natively under IIS6.0

  2. No changes to the code, i.e. I have not changed any Pe rl for OPAC and Intranet

  3. I am using my Active state Perl as it was installed, i.e. to c:\perl and not installed to c:\usr

  4. I did not use the Koha Windows Installer.

I have been playing around with Koha for a while now and was at the point where I had to do my final install and data import. I had been running it on SuSE Linux but would have really liked to have just been able to load it up on my Windows box rather than have to have a Linux box just running Koha, so that's exactly what I did, in less than a day.

I have an OPAC site and Intranet site running. Using NPL I have no problems, with the default template some links do not work properly. I.e. Add Biblio in default template calls cgi-bin/koha/addbiblio.pl which does not exist rather than cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl which NPL does.

I will detail the OPAC site but Intranet is the same thing, just change the names. Could someone explain to me why all the URL's in Koha have to be /cgi-bin/koha rather than just /cgi-bin/ it sure would make life simple to move Koha around, because that's the first thing you come up against, Apache allows virtual directories like /cgi-bin/koha and IIS does not, anyway, there is a way around that :)

This is not meant for people who know nothing about IIS6.0.

2. Install Active State Perl and the Perl Modules

If you haven't already then install Active State Perl, I am using ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.msi, it DOES NOT MATTER where it is installed to, c:\perl is fine. When it says it will add all the mappings to IIS etc let it. Don't know if 5.8 will work, haven't tried it.

Install the required packages, go to c:\perl\bin in a command prompt and type ppm, then it's

PPM>install package::name

The minimum you will need is

DBI