koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Danish translation ?

From: Lars J. Helbo
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Danish translation ?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:25:47 +0200

By now I allready am quiet a bit further. From the Norwegean translation group I got their files, and I found, that i could make the translations with PO-Edit. I have been working on that all afternoon and this means that the smaller one:

dk-DK-i-opac-t-prog-v-3000000.po

is now complete. Can anybody advice me as to how I may submit this file to the project?

Lars J. Helbo skrev:
Hi!

First of all I would like to present myself. My name is Lars Helbo and I am living in Denmark. I am working with computers, as a journalist and as a translator (English/German/Danish). My wife is a librarian and at the moment we are pretty engaged in our local school. Our local community will close it down in the summer of 2009, and we are a group of parents, who wants to take it over and carry it on as a private school.

The school also has a library, and with our backgrounds this part of the job has of course landed in our family. At the moment the library is using a commercial ILS. We have just been looking at it, but we were not very impressed - neither with the performance nor at the prospect of what we would have to pay for a license :-(

Therefore I started looking for an alternative and found Koha. But a precondition would of course be that everything is in Danish. Therefore I want to make such a translation. I found http://translate.koha.org/index.php?lg=en

However, if I go to "Start translating" there is no Danish. This probably means that a danish tranlation has not been started? Is it possible to have Danish added to this page, so I can get started with the translation?

Best wishes
--

Lars J. Helbo
Borgergade 44