kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] CL primitives

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] CL primitives
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 00:16:32 +0000

On 8 February 2014 19:20, Per Bothner <address@hidden> wrote:
> It might be cleaner to just copy the function if it's trivial,
> or call from one to the other.  One reason if you print the functions:
>
> #|kawa:1|# #'listp
> #<procedure listp>
> #|kawa:2|# #'consp
> #<procedure pair?>
>
> However, this is a minor issue, not worth worrying about for now.

Mm, that is confusing. I'll avoid doing this in the future.

Please find more CL primitives attached.

I'm not happy with my implementation of MEMBER, it looks nasty and is
probably inefficient. IIUC, Kawa doesn't implement tail-calls by
default due the Java calling conventions. When I have LOOP or
something similar I can improve that easily.

Speaking of nasty, APPLY is even worse. I had to add another overload
in gnu/expr/Apply.java to allow getArguments to be called from Lisp
code. Maybe there is a better way to achieve this.

Charles.