kardsgt-users

Re: [Kardsgt-users] Suggestions

From: John Schneiderman
Subject: Re: [Kardsgt-users] Suggestions
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:23:06 -0600

On Thursday 2 November 2006 09:25, Libella wrote:
> I refer to the 4 character portraits I sent to you. The original files are
> quite large. So the in-game-versions are, of course, scaled down. The
> scaling down process makes some parts of the picture very undefined, like
> for example the faces. If I know the final size the pictures are displayed
> in, I can scale them down here at home and then do some pixel-wise rework
> on these parts. As long as the final size is not exactly known, this can
> not be done, because you would have to redo this over and over again, every
> time the size changes, even if it is just ten pixels.

I see thanks for the clarification. That help so much. Currently it's really
too early to know what is a good size for the images. Is it posible to do the
touch up when we know for sure what the proper size for players should be?

> By the way: I have to rely on the screenshots you are posting on the
> project homepage, I can not run the game here.
The screen shots are not really all that great, as they've been reduced in
size to reduce downloading time.

To be honest I never noticed any distortions in the images of the players
while in game. Could it just be a difference between theirs a difference
between the game and the pictures on the website?

John