kardsgt-devel

Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Cribbage Board Images

From: Libella
Subject: Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Cribbage Board Images
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:31:39 +0200

On 5/12/07, John Schneiderman <address@hidden> wrote:
I just had a thouhgt, we could fix our size problem by removeing the round
count out of the picture. It has already been done with the code, so it's no
big deal. This way we don't have to figure out where to get the extra space
out. Am I making sense?

John

I sent the first reply to the wrong email-adress.

I am wondering which size problem you mean. Surely changing the board layout would mean changing everything from scratch. The spiral and all the coordinates have to be listed again and that means two days of work. I guess you mean increasing the hight, but with equal spacing that would mean increasing the width of the board to make it fit horicontally as well. I don't like the idea, to redo it again, because it is tedious, boring work. I would do it, if I only exactly knew the final measures and was sure that this would be the last time. But I am not ;). At least not as long as I silently suspect the problem with the jumpers being a display problem. I have seen all the game-screenshots with the graphics I made and all have one in common: the images are not displayed 1:1 in actual size. They are stretched or squished. This should never be done, because it looks bad - when the images are resized on the fly, there is not even interpolation what would decrease the loss. I tried and asked you what size you want them and redid them, but still they are not displayed 1:1. I think you are cultivating this habit, if I take a quick glance at the project homepage, I can see that you display this image: http://kardsgt.nongnu.org/images/kardsgt-logo-full.png in thumbnail format here: http://kardsgt.nongnu.org/ . The scalation loss is easy to see at the jagged card contures and Wally's hat.

Sylvia