kardsgt-devel

Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Release 0.5

From: Libella
Subject: Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Release 0.5
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:57:26 +0100

Argh! I did it again! I always forget to not reply and change the address.

> Hello!
>
> Could you imagine to use a graphic like that for the cribbage board?
>
> Sylvia
I think they would be awesome to use! :) The holes are a bit difficult to see
though.  What does everyone else think?

John

Hello!

Please don't get distracted by the appearance of the graphic. It is meant as a sketch. I wanted it to look a little bit polished, to make some appetite for you, that you like to include it to the game ;). There are quite some points to think about first (font field size, proper spiral layout etc.) which right now I am experimenting with, and of course ask you and adjust the design (bigger holes!) to the gameplay needs and the team members taste. So do not hesitate to tell me what needs to be changed. Better now than later.

The idea I have is not to make one final graphic (of course I will, and very likely I will recycle parts of this graphic for that) but to make a coordinate map.

Your game is so much about users adding their own stuff to it, so if I do a coordinate map, this map can be skinned easily with custom images of different style. Just all "holes" and the text field have to be at the same coordinate location and the image has to have a fixed pixel size and needs to be displayed 1:1 (no scaling this time!). Like the old winamp skins.

As a coder, you need the coordinates anyway. You would only have to add the option to chose between different board skins (i.e. special naming convention of the images, like baldur's gate 2 does it for the character images, for example).

If you don't like the idea, I could still take the image and give it to you as the single fixed and final board.

So, what do you think?

lg

Sylvia