k3d-dev

Re: [K-3D dev] K-3D Status

From: Mario Latronico
Subject: Re: [K-3D dev] K-3D Status
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:38:58 +0000

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
Romain Behar <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Going on with K-3D would imply having unique features
> that Blender doesn't have. What do you think? (please
> write to the SourceForge mailing-list :
> address@hidden).

Well, Blender and K3D have different GUI and workflows.
In my opinion the best thing to do is cooperation between these
projects.

Blender export a Python interface that give users and
developers the opportunity to build custom applications and little
scripts. A lot of export scripts have been written using Python.

On the other side K3D works well with any Renderman compatible
renderer. I don't know well K3D but (if i'm not wrong) it also offers a
scripting interface (Javascript ?)

After October 5 the .blend file format will be opened and someone
could write an import plugin for K3D and viceversa.

Perhaps it would be better if K3D will specialize in that features
in which Blender lack

Thank you for your attention,
Mario Latronico

p.s: please forgive my horrible english :)