js-shield

Re: bbb down?

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Re: bbb down?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 11:41:16 -0400

Same happened to me. Weird networking blip on our end I think.

We are likely going to use a self-hosted Galène [1] in the future as our BigBlueButton is out-of-date and the MongoDB dependency is nonfree for newer versions. BBB is planning on dropping the MongoDB dependency, but it will not be in the upcoming 3.0 release. Galène is as easy or easier to use than BigBlueButton.

[1] https://galene.org/

Best,
Michael McMahon | GNU/Linux Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF  FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0
https://fsf.org

Register for LibrePlanet 2024: https://libreplanet.org/2024/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us
through the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

Boost our advocacy for free software in education: Donate to help
us reach our stretch goal of USD $425,000! https://donate.fsf.org