jilc-dev

[Jilc-dev] Re: This one fails

From: Gopal V
Subject: [Jilc-dev] Re: This one fails
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:36:19 +0530

Hi Guys,
>          iinc  255 132                <-- btw, what's "iinc 255 132" doing?
> There are never so many variables!
>          iinc  1 132                <-- again increasing by 132 !!!
>          iinc  1 27
>          iload_0
        Aaah ! this one caught me unawares , I just had to find what
this bug was . At about 1:20 tonight, it clicked .... 132 was the
iinc opcode !. 27 was iload_0... and BTW 255 was -1 (IINC has U1,S1
in the book)

        So I checked my code and there it was
||       start++;
||   printf(" %d %d", (code[start + 1]), (code[start + 2]));
        changed the start+1 => start and etc.. got that working !

        I've got some more things to hack up tonight like ARRAYTYPE,MARRAY
INTERFACE support, Exception labels etc... Also on the agenda is securing
code from buffer overruns when encountering a corrupt class file..

        Also I'm waiting for some action on the IL front. We have enough
work done for implementing the convert step....for a small program. Also

Gopal.V

PS: hoping that you guys don't mind such spam ;-)
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success