jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] Problem

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] Problem
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:58:59 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gaurav Vaish wrote:
>     since I thought that bye should first be converted to Int16 before being
> bit-ORed. For your code, (code[start + 1] << 8) will only zeros since (*code)
> is a byte and what one will get after left-shifting 8-bits is all-zeroes.
        My jdasm code hasn't gone thru any tests at all, all it had to do
was dump a few code (a Socket program, A SWING program and HelloWorld)
until now. I didn't give it much thought....

        And change the same problem for the FIELD,CLASS..BIGCONSTANT stuff.

        Also I find that in the jilc code U gave me, the I,II does
not print any value ?.
> new:
>     printf(" %d %d", (code[start + 1]), (code[start + 2]));
        I never tested a class with IINC ;-). Also cut-copy-paste
from METHOD makes you overlook some simple things....

        The only thing I *really* tested was the SWITCH param.....which
almost drove me over the edge !.

        I'm experimenting with the idea of a 2-pass disassembler lately..
I'll see how it turns out and back fork it into this code.....

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success