jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] Updates

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] Updates
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:31:36 +0530

Hi Guys,
>     The deassmbler part is done now - thanks to Gopal's program.
        I will be comparing the 2 instruction sets only when my
college reopens , which is fortunately (heh !) closed due to
a strike by government employees. The JVM book being in the
library is inaccessible as of now. (my project report does not
cover stack states before and after in sufficent detail). I've
got the HTML CIL manual from y'r page.

        As far as the verifier is concerned, the verifier stuff will
need to be rewritten using our data structures. But we can use
Kaffe's algorithm easily. Japahar is "dead", the CVS/FTP doesn't
work...so we are left with kaffe for reference.

        Also the constant pool verification is done in an unsafe
manner (ie not checking index limits or types) in my code.
(Just look at pnet/image/java_loader.c). I'll put in the
safety checks later....

        Currently busy typesetting our College Magazine in Latex
(I'm trying to beat Pm6.0 guys in quality of print).

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success