javaweb-submit

Re: [Javaweb-submit] Contributing my Java program to GNU

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-submit] Contributing my Java program to GNU
Date: 08 May 2002 08:46:32 +0100

=?iso-8859-1?q?Thomas=20Keegan?= <address@hidden> writes:

> "To become a part of the GNU project your program must conform to
> all the normal standards for GNU programs."
>
> Could you please send me information or the link to where you keep
> these standard as I would like to contributed a program I wrote to
> the GNU. It is a Client and Server chat program written in Java. It
> is a 2D chat room with 4 different chat room enviroments. I would
> just like to know the requirement before I submit my program, if I
> even can submit it.

To be listed on our page of Java programs it's enough that your
program be licenced under the GPL, see:

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html

If you ensure that your code is GPLed and then send us an email (to
this list) your program will be listed.

If you want your program to be part of the GNU project then you should
contact address@hidden with your request.

Nic Ferrier