javaweb-submit

Re: [Javaweb-submit] URL submission for list of GPL'd Java software

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-submit] URL submission for list of GPL'd Java software
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:21:00 +0100

>Hi, I'd like to suggest my library JIU (Java Imaging
>Utilities) for the [GNU java software page]

Thanks very much for your submission Marco.

Have you seen the classpathx project?

  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/

The goal of the project is to provide implementations of all Sun's
javax APIs.

Might it be a good idea to contibute your imaging library to the
classpathx project where it could be used to provide an implementation
of the Advanced Imaging API?

The advantages of putting your code in the classpathx project are:

- your code becomes part of an official GNU project
- you get to share ideas with other developers of classpathx
- you get to reuse stuff others in the project have done and vice
versa
- I manage all the releases and stuff for you if you want

If you don't like the idea I will quite happily put a link on the
java-software page for you.

Thanks for your submission.

Nic Ferrier