javaweb-people

Re: [Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?
Date: 01 Feb 2002 00:27:07 +0000

Bryce raised an issue about the extends and implements formatting:

Bryce said:
> I would prefer
>
> class X extends Y implement Z
>
> because
>
> a) Its what everything already uses
> b) Its rare for a class name and supertype list to be so long that it
> needs to be split onto multiple lines.

Nic replied:
> Hmmm... what about in those example where there is a long run.

Bryce replied:
> In these cases I agree that splitting is the way to go. Maybe we could
> just put "implements" on a new line, eg:
>
> public class ArrayList extends AbstractList
>   implements List, RandomAccess, Cloneable, Serializable

Since there is only ever going to be one extended class (!) I think
that's a pretty good idea.

If anybody disagrees let me know.

Otherwise I will proceed with the draft of the code standards and
working on a patch for indent.

Nic