javaweb-people

Re: [Javaweb-people] java tools

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-people] java tools
Date: 08 Oct 2001 00:26:46 -0400

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm wondering what package I should place a 'javap' replacement in.
> At the moment I have it in gnu.classpath.javap.
>
> Also wanted to comment that I'm not so sure about the classpath
> project claiming gnu.java and gnu.javax... probably should have put
> those in gnu.classpath.java and gnu.classpath.javax instead... just a
> package namespace issue.

Tonight I submitted a proposal via Savannah that these standard tools
be placed under a single project, classpath-tools.  The main concern
here is to make their release, use, etc. less dependent on classpath
releases.  I'm unsure if this request will eventually make it to this
group or not so I'm just sending everyone this heads up about what is
taking place.

Thanks,
Brian
--