javaweb-discuss

[Javaweb-discuss] Re: [rms] Re: Is Java free software?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Javaweb-discuss] Re: [rms] Re: Is Java free software?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:37:10 -0400

    > What about if you add other free components
    > such as from classpath and/or GJC?  How adequate is
    > the resulting combination?

    That is what a lot of individuals have been working on. Replacing the
    binary blobs with code from GNU Classpath and adapting the build process
    so that it can all be bootstrapped with GCJ. You can find the result at

Where are we on the path to getting this done?

Do we have teams working on all the replacement libraries that are
needed?  Could it help to find you more people to work in parallel
on some additional tasks?