javaweb-discuss

[Javaweb-discuss] fact

From: Reginald Hollis
Subject: [Javaweb-discuss] fact
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:23:16 +0200

An involuntary frown gathered on Skeels forehead. He spoke withgreat effort, his breath coming and going noisily.
I hopped up to his place thismorning, and the old girl verified it. On that point at least, my dear Vance, we are in complete andharmonious agreement, smiled Markham. Shedidnt confide in me who her murderer was to be.
Markham, himself enraged now, was about to reply, when Vance tookhim by the arm.
Heath shrugged helplessly; all the wind had been taken out of hissails.
Ill say we did, replied the sergeant; but his tone was troubled. If shedknown, she most likely could have avoided being murdered. Weve already recovered some of the missingjewelry. Markham, who had inspected the summons casually, put it in hispocket. The query was as noncommittal as it was gentle.
But you couldnt expect him to keepit around, he added. To Markhams questions he doggedly repeated the same story he hadtold Heath. Spotswoode, interposed Markham,that there is a bare possibility I may have to call you as awitness.
Im in a rather unpleasant position and naturally feel a littlesensitive about it. But our Antonio at least spins a consistentyarn. He says, of course, he made em when he was there in the afternoon. And whats printed in the newspapers about it will be up to thereporters, rejoined Markham. Her screams and calls for help, which you heard, may prove vitalevidence in obtaining a conviction. Find out what you can of his relations with the Odell girl.
Ill say we did, replied the sergeant; but his tone was troubled.
It isnt exactly pleasant to admithaving been taken in and blackmailed by a charmer. Did you think of that, there in the dark? Her screams and calls for help, which you heard, may prove vitalevidence in obtaining a conviction. Dont bother to answer, pursued Vance, as the man opened his lipsto speak. Weve made no arrest, but one may be expected inthe very near future. He was more thansorry for his outburst, he said, and stood ready to assist in anyway he could. Just an elusive notion in the depths of my being struggling for thelight.
He was just under six feet tall andwell proportioned, but a trifle angular.