jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Error message when making ssh connection.

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Error message when making ssh connection.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:48:34 +0100

On 10/29/2014 07:09 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Using the current version (2.17), configured to allow only ssh with X connections, I get the following error message on the client:-

ssh –t –Y address@hidden ssh –Y address@hidden

address@hidden password:

address@hidden password:

/usr/bin/xauth: (argv):1: bad display name “2>/dev/null” in “list” command

It does however, work. I can run an X program on “system1” and it displays back on my starting system.

it seems that xauth is started with " 2>/dev/null " on the commandline. If that line is interpreted by a normal shell it is removed from the commandline, and stderr is connected to /dev/null. But jk_lsh does not do this, so this part goes into the xauth argument list. And xauth does not know what to do with this.

regards,
    Olivier

--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/