jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Beginners Question

From: Bryan Gintz
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Beginners Question
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 11:22:37 -0400

I am new to the ideas behind chroot and jailkit, etc.

I am not able to use the chroot capability that comes with openssh because of my need for the users to write to the root directory, so I tried jailkit.

Everything seems to work fine, except when I have multiple users in the jail, they are able to navigate to each other's directories and read their files.

Right now I my jail is /home/sftproot, and inside I have 2 users:

/home/sftproot/home/test
/home/sftproot/home/test2

If I login via SFTP as either test or test 2, I see that I am in "/home", and can navigate back into their directories and dread files.

Is there an easy way to avoid this, or do I need to set up separate jail for each user?

Thanks,
Bryan