jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Howto jail a ssh ftp user on a server with jailkit

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Howto jail a ssh ftp user on a server with jailkit
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:24:24 +0000

Hi,

I think i've used this before in SSH. If its what I think it is you you need to add something like this into /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Match User liam
  ChrootDirectory /home/liam
  ForceCommand internal-sftp

it would restrict the "liam" user to only write to files/folders in /home/liam that liam owns.

In my opinion JailKit is far better than this and should be used instead of chrooting users in this way?

Rich