jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on CentOS 5.8 / Amazon EC2 / RightScale

From: John McGowan
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on CentOS 5.8 / Amazon EC2 / RightScale
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 07:48:09 -0500

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Olivier Sessink
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/22/2012 04:18 PM, John McGowan wrote:
>
>> I added my public key to the jailed users .ssh/authorized_keys file
>> and set proper ownershipt/permissions on those files.  But when I try
>> to login, it fails, and there's hardly anything in /var/log/messages
>> or /var/log/secure.
>>
>> When i try to login, all i see in the secure log is...
>>
>> Sep 22 10:13:51 ip-10-90-242-163 sshd[1589]: Connection closed by
>> 71.82.174.104
>>
>> Absolutely nothing shows up in /var/log/messages
>
> did you enable logging inside your chroot jail?

I thought that I had, but I'm sure i'm missing something required.

Thanks for trying to help me, but at this point I'm going to handle
this a slightly different way.  Since I'm running this in a cloud
environment, instead of a chroot jail i'm just going to go with a
dedicated instance for this purpose.