jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Sftp users are not able to chroot with Jailkit setup

From: Seshan, Vinod K. (CONT)
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Sftp users are not able to chroot with Jailkit setup
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:52:16 +0100

In our environment we are not using OpenSSH, and we are using SSH Tectia  6.1.7 build 139 ( Server as well as client).

We have removed OpenSSH from this server and using Tectia SSH instead.

When a chrooted user configured with jailkit login to server using ssh , the user is logged into the correct jail and the
jailed user cannot go to other directories out of jail. But if the chrooted user sftp to the server, the user is not chrooted and the user
can cd to any other directory in the server.

It seems that the in Tectia ssh server, "chroot" system call can only be made as root and the sftp-server is run as a subsystem
request by a user inside the ssh session. Is it because this the sftp login is not able to enter to jail, and using ssh we are
able to enter into jil? If this is the case, then what is the solution for chroot users who sftp to the server.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Kumar Seshan
UK IT Service Delivery Team - UNIX_COEP
Team On-call Numbers : +91 97422 32086, +91 97422 32085