jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit and scp without entering the password

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit and scp without entering the password
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:23:40 +0100

On 3/10/10 18:42 , Giuliano Catrambone (CatraSoftware) wrote:
Hi all,
using jailkit I created an account that is permitted to execute only
sftp, scp and rsync.

Everything works fine, below find some of the commands I executed to
configure that.

Now the problem is that I need that the scp/rsync commands do not ask me
the password,
essentially I need to set the public key in my jailed account.

How can I do that?

the same as you would do without jailkit: add the key to the file .ssh/authorized_keys in the users home dir.

you can generate the key on any computer.

Olivier