jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_chrootlaunch and environment variables

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_chrootlaunch and environment variables
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:19:50 +0100

AMMOnium wrote:

I have discovered that such a way of invoking any process does not
set its environment variables correctly. E.g. when I launch /bin/bash
instead of $RTORRENT, login via ssh and resume the started session, I
have the $USER variable in the shell set to "root" and no $HOME
defined at all.

jk_chrootlaunch was never designed to set these variables, most daemons don't need them. However, USER can be added easily, but HOME is tricky, because what should HOME contain?

Perhaps it works if you don't directly call screen but a script that sets the variables and end with 'exec screen' ?

Olivier