jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:43:14 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello,
>     I've successfully loaded jailkit onto one redhat Linux box, and now
> I'm
> tasked with doing the same on a different machine.  For some reason, when
> I run:
>
> jk_init -v -j /home/jail basicshell editors extendedshell netutils ssh
> sftp scp
>
> I get:
>
> Creating symlink /home/jail/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0 to libpopt.so.0.0.0
> Copying /usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0.0.0 to
> /home/jail/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0.0.0
> Copying /usr/bin/smbclient to /home/jail/usr/bin/smbclient
> Source file(s) /usr/lib/sftp-server do not exist
> Source file(s) /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server do not exist
> Source file(s) /usr/libexec/sftp-server do not exist

it seems you didn't adjust jk_init.ini with the correct paths for redhat

> ldconfig: Can't open configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or
> directory

ldconfig is run for the jail, so it is referring to /home/jail/etc/ld.so.conf

[..]
> Consequently, the script never moved the /usr/sbin/jk* fles in (in fact,
> /home/jail/usr/sbin was not created - I did this manually and moved the
> files in to it).

you did not specify any jailkit section  in your jk_init commandline.
Perhaps you wanted limitedshell in there too?

> However when I try and ssh into the machine,
> I had to manually change the owner:group from /home/jmail./home/pmitchel
> to pmitchel:500
>
> According to /var/log/messages file, it looks sucessful:
>
> ug 28 10:29:31 elndz01m jk_chrootsh[13218]: now entering jail /home/jail
> for user pmitchel (11782)
>
> However, I get logged off immediately:

did you enable logging in the jail? either use jk_socketd or configure
your syslog to properly open /home/jail/dev/log

Olivier