jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] tomcat accessing jailed users home directory...group

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] tomcat accessing jailed users home directory...group permissions?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:28:12 +0100

Ryan Wexler wrote:
[..]
I thought that I could get around this by putting assigning tomcat
user and the jailed users to the same group.  But when I add group
write access to the jailed users home directory then the jailkit
doesn't allow sftp anymore.  Why is this?  Is there a way to get
around this while still retaining my jails and not running tomcat
under the root user?

see `man jk_chrootsh` and see your log messages.

you probably want to use
relax_home_group_permissions=1

regards,
    Olivier