jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Restricting users to their home directory

From: Thomas Jreige
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Restricting users to their home directory
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:55:24 +1000

Hi Everyone,

I am using Jailkit to lock down SCP and SFTP.  I have followed the instructions on the Jailkit site in order to do this.  One thing I am having trouble with is locking users to their home directory.

/home/sftproot is being used as the jail.

/home/sftroot/./home/test   WHen test logs in using SFTP want to restrict that user to this directory only.  I dont want them to move to the lower directoris like /./etc as the /./etc/group file can be downloaded now as we speak.

Is there a fix for this?

THanks.

Tom.

--