jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Some problems with home directories and users with s

From: Daniel Rossi
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Some problems with home directories and users with same user id
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:24:13 +1000

On 08/06/2008, at 7:48 PM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

Daniel Rossi wrote:

ive worked around it by setting USER and HOME to $LOGINUSER or whatever it is in bashrc. Then call cd to move into the right directory. So ownership of the files should still be ok without the same user id ? I believe if the files are owned different to that uid suexec for instance in apache will complain hence why its that that way. I see in the jk_chroot source that the environment variables are set there, but instead of the user logging in its the user of the user id. Are you saying my work around is not doable ?

if it works that it's doable ;-)

I think it's also possible to rewrite some of the jk_chrootsh code such that such a setup will work with jk_chrootsh without sacrificing any of the security checks.

Yes i have to turn off ownership checks because even though its the same user id it sees webuser1 different as parentuser1, as it's setting the user to parentuser1 not webuser1.

regards,
        Olivier