jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Question about Jailkit and ProFTPD

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Question about Jailkit and ProFTPD
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 08:28:25 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I was setting up Jailkit on my server to safely assign shell accounts to users. However, eventho the users are restricted to their shell inside ssh, when they use ProFTPD to upload files, they can traverse the whole structure of the server.

You have several options with proftpd and chroot, configure "DefaultRoot" to get your desired behavior:
http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/contrib/ProFTPD-mini-HOWTO-Chroot.html

regards,
        Olivier