jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] 32 bit chroot

From: Shezaan Topiwala
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] 32 bit chroot
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:10:49 -0700

In that case let me ask you does jailkit interactively or  automatically transfer the required 32 bit folder e.g. /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/local/lib64.
I guess what I am asking is, is there an option in jailkit that asks whether the user wants to create a 32 or 64 bit jail.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

On 10/30/07, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
Shezaan Topiwala wrote:
> I was wondering if I could create a 32 bit chroot jail on a 64 bit
> machine with jailkit?

yes, I know a large site that uses jailkit to create a 32bit jail for
firefox+flash+java on 64bit servers with 16Gb ram. The individual
browser processes cannot use the 16Gb, but multiple 32bit processes on a
64 server can together use the 16Gb.

regards,
        Olivier