jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] How to Jail Python Interpreter

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to Jail Python Interpreter
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:07:11 +0200

Gregory Piñero wrote:
I want to have either a deamon or long running Python process run
inside of a jail.

Here is what I have done so far but I'm not sure what the next step is:

make directory

$sudo mkdir /srv/jail_for_python

copy Python

$sudo jk_cp jail_for_python/ /usr/bin/python

you probably need a lot of extra python files as well. My systems has lots of files in /usr/lib/python2.4/ that are part of the python global libraries.

But now what do I do next?  Do I need to add a new user?  Why or why
not?  How do a start a Python program in the jail?  How do I start the
Python interpreter in the jail so I can test it out?

use jk_chrootlaunch to start a process inside the jail. You can use any unprivileged user, so generally it's good to create an account (but it doesn't need a shell or a home directory)

BTW, perhaps jailing an interpreter such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
would make a useful How-to for the website.  I could write it if I
ever reach that level of understanding.

that would be great!

Olivier