jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] cvs and jails

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] cvs and jails
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:27:04 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

1) I think cvs needs /dev/null or /dev/zero, not sure which one

/jail/dev/Zero does not exist on my system.

well, you might want to create it to test if that helps

2) did you copy the libraries for cvs as well? (did you use jk_cp to
copy the binaries into the jail?)

Here I have a conceptual problem... Actually, I wanted to keep my cvs tree outside the jail. To prevent users browsing inside it.

perhaps I don't understand the type of jail you are trying to create.

you can create a jail for cvs itself. So your cvs repositories will be in the jail, and you can use jk_lsh so users cannot really log in to their account, they can only use cvs. (so they cannot use any shell utilities to directly touch the repository). This is the setup that is described in one of the howto's with jk_chrootsh and jk_lsh.

Do I understand you correctly that you have full-swing shell accounts in a jail, and those accounts should access a cvs repository somewhere else? or do they need to access a local cvs repository? (local cvs needs direct file access so you need it in the jail then)

regards,
        Olivier