jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] problem with jk_cp

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] problem with jk_cp
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:22:02 +0100

Peter Veerman wrote:
Shoot.......

Yeah I specified the -f flag.. i've forgotten that.

about your question:

address@hidden /usr/local/www/awstats/cgi-bin]# chmod 0600 /data1/chroot/httpd/lib/libc.so.6
chmod: /data1/chroot/httpd/lib/libc.so.6: Operation not permitted

The error above is due to FreeBSD protection system:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebsd-how-to-write-protect-important-file-even-root-can-not-modifydelete-it.html

thus only os.chmod(file, 0600)
os.unlink (file) would not have been enough

hmm, and that is different between different unixes, on Linux it would be `chattr -i file` to remove the immutable flag, and I have no idea what OSX, solaris or openbsd would use...

so only the error is the best I can think of right now...

regards,
        Olivier