jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Login failure

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Login failure
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:41:11 +0100

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
On Friday 10 November 2006 3:14 pm, Olivier Sessink wrote:
Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
Olivier,

Thanks for your reply.  I changed permissions in several locations,
based on your post.  Now, when I try to log in, the connection still
terminates immediately, but there are no errors reported in syslog.
do you have logging inside the jail enabled? either with syslog or with
jk_socketd ?

regards,
        Olivier

Well, I have the correct directives in in /etc/jailkit/jk_socketd.ini:

[/home/sftproot/dev/log]
base=512
peek=2048
interval=10

but is jk_socketd running? try `ps ax|grep jk_socketd`

But, if I try to tail the log file, I get:

tail: cannot open '/home/sftproot/dev/log' for reading: No such device or address

it is not a logfile, that is the socket to which programs write their log messages, and jk_socketd copies those log messages to the real /dev/log, so they end up in your normal logfiles.

regards,
        Olivier