jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] jk_init error: chrootdir is not safe

From: Dex Chen
Subject: [Jailkit-users] jk_init error: chrootdir is not safe
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:54:50 -0600

Hi, all:

I am using jailkit to create a jail bash. It works fine when I choose a
regular dir for JAIL ROOT. But, I got the following error when I select
a special mount dir as the ROOT, since the parents of root are open to
any one.

ERROR: /mnt/mytest/export is writable by group or others!

In my case, I want to the jail under export, so that the jail user can
access its file system only under the export.

Do I miss something here?

Thanks,

Dex