jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jk not working (?) on SuSE 9.3

From: Stephen Tallowitz
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk not working (?) on SuSE 9.3
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:07:47 +0200

Hello Esad,

jk_lsh is not an interactive shell. You will have to use bash or something
similar. To achieve that, use the following command when doing su:
su - testjail -c /bin/bash
This will tell "su" that you'd like to execute bash once logged in. Of course
you will have to have an entry in /home/jail/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini:

[testjail]
paths= /bin/
executables= /bin/bash
allow_word_expansion = 0
umask = 002

Something more to watch out for: once you have passed control to /bin/bash by
jk_lsh there is no preventing the user of calling any binary placed within the
chroot (you are allowed to enter "ls" on the command line). For that you'd need
an interactive shell which supports restriction of calling further binaries (I
think there is such a mode in bash).
Something else I've noticed: you wrote that you entered "jk_addjailuser -m
testjail". Was this just a typing error? The normal way of adding a jail-user
is by typing "jk_addjailuser -m /home/jail testjail". If you leave out both
directory and/or username it asks you for either the username or both directory
and username (but never only for the directory).

Hope this helped you
Stephen