jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] owner restriction

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] owner restriction
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 12:09:40 +0000

Hi,

Can you show some examples of folder structure and permissions as the jail directory *needs* to be owned by root for security...

The jail user then gets a home directory somewhere in side that directory that it has full permissions on.

For example, I have a user Bob that has a jail.

The jail is

/mnt/jail/bob (this ine is owned by root)

but the users home directory is

/mnt/jail/bob/home/bob

and this last directory bob has full permissions on.

This way it stops the jail user from updating any binary files in the jail and breaking out of it.

Rich